Monday, December 16, 2013

Travel to the UK.


I have to tell you that when I told my parents I was leaving to the UK I experienced 2 different kind of reactions from both my parents.


I was 24, I was over with my studies and I wanted to Leave!!!
Not that I was living with my parents or anything but I wanted to leave my town. Leave the streets I've been wandering all my life... I wanted to see something different, speak a different language and leave this country I've never felt a part of.


So basically my father was very proud of me, and jealous at the same time, and started indulge himself in an enjoyable recollection of his past... Well I hope you can portray myself at this point: 



Anyway, it wasn't the same for my Mum. She acted like I was moving on the other side of the world when you just have to cross the English Channel!!! 


There is 3 ways to get there from France:


The Train: http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers


The Boat: http://www.brittanyferries.com/


The Plane: http://www.flybe.com/


OK, maybe it is stressful to actually leave everything behind you and arrive in a country where you don't know anyone and have absolutely no idea what you are going to find. But here is what I told my Mum, and what I also told myself:

 There is 2 options, whether I fail or I succeed.


- If I succeed I will feel better about myself being able to do something on my own.


- If I can't find a job or a place to leave over there, then I'll just come back home. But at least I'll try!


Because that is what the Neverlanding Experience is all about isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment